If you are a WordPress fan and having a Namecheap hosting package and thinking how to install WordPress in it, then this post will help you how to install the latest version of WordPress in your Namecheap hosting in 1 minute. This post is a part of the WordPress migration series. If you haven’t read the earlier parts of the series, then I will suggest you to read them here:
- Which blogging platform you would choose?
- Prepare your blogger blog for WordPress migration
- How to purchase a hosting package at Namecheap?
Assuming that, you have already purchased a hosting package at Namecheap, I will explain about Namecheap Cpanel WordPress installation using Softaculous. Softaculous will assist you in one click WordPress installation.
Steps to install WordPress:
1) Login to your cPanel account:
The first thing you will have to do is log in to your cPanel account. When purchased your hosting package through Namecheap, you would have received a mail from Namecheap, with your cPanel account credentials. You may have a doubt, how to access cPanel of your website? I will explain it.
2) Softaculous Apps Installer:
Namecheap cPanel contains Softaculous apps installer. Scroll down the cPanel Homepage, you will find this. This will help you to install not only WordPress but also many other platforms like Joomla, AbanteCart, PrestaShop,etc. Now, this tutorial, I will deal with WordPress. Click the WordPress icon, which you see in the Softaculous Apps installer section.
3) WordPress installer:
Now, you will get a page like the following one. You could notice the free memory available in the following image. Unlike many other sites, that claim unlimited storage and kicks out if people use much , Namecheap clearly gives you the informed memory space. Just click the Install Now button.
Now, you will get into the installation page. Here you will find a list of sections to be filled out. Let me discuss the important sections.The first one is the Software setup section.
- Here, you will choose the protocol, which is generally http:// or https:// . By default, you will find the http:// selected. You will be able to choose https:// only if you have an SSL for your site. (If you don’t have an SSL, you can find cheap SSL providers from most trusted CAs)
- Next, choose domain for which you want to install the WordPress software.
The Next one, is an important one.
- You will have to set up the login details for the admin account. The following image shows you the default id.
- You must create a strong password using the password creator ( represented by key).
- Now, you will be offered to install a plugin named Loginizer. This is a security plugin and I recommend you to install this because this will help you keep your WordPress site safe from hackers.
- To install this just, click the checkbox shown below, and then enter the email id where you want to send your installation details. You must keep this mail safe, as it contains your website details.
- And then, finally, click Install.
That’s it. You have successfully installed your WordPress site at Namecheap hosting just within a minute. Now, you can access your WordPress website by using the URL format mydomain.com/wp-admin
Subscribe to your website by clicking the following button. I will mail you the upcoming posts in the series.