Can you really make money with Affiliate Marketing?
People who need money always know where to find them. We do a lot for this day by day, working for lots of hours and, as a result, getting inappropriate salaries. Not far ago Internet became much popular. We can do almost everything there – buying food, shopping, texting ‘friends’ and even work. Working on the Internet can give you the larger amount of money that you can even realize. Let’s find out how can we do that having small risks of bankruptcy; one and important question at the beginning is – can we earn money on that?
If you expect a short answer – yes, we really can. But if you want to get longer one, be ready to read.
Benefits of working in this sphere start with a thing that you will always be at home; you make your timetable, you portion out time – you’re like a master of the situation and your own life, this variant is ideal for people who don’t have enough money to get started. If you want to start to make money with Affiliate marketing, you don’t require much money. But at the same time, nothing is given to us by chance, or undeservingly, you are supposed to work very hard to popularize things that you want people to buy or consume.
Disadvantages are not big in quantity:
As it was mentioned before, people opened affiliate marketing not long time ago, but as in any other field of a job, there are swindlers here. They take money before giving the product and simply make people foolish. Why are we talking about this? Because seeing the tendency of a lie, people will hardly believe in your honesty, that’s why you will work much harder to earn trust than it was with people like you even three years ago.
Now let’s talk about pros and cons of affiliate marketing.
Merits of Affiliate Marketing:
As already mentioned, there are several aspects of affiliate marketing that make it a good home business option including:
- A small amount of money to start. Most affiliate programs are free to join in, that’s why your costs are usually related to your marketing methods.
- You don’t need to create a product or service.
- Work anytime and from anywhere as long as you have Internet access.
- Passive income potential, depending on how you market your affiliates programs.
- Can be added on as a current home business to create an additional income stream. It’s ideal for bloggers, coaches, information entrepreneurs, and anyone who has a website.
Now about demerits:
- It can take time to generate the amount of traffic needed to result in income.
- A bad affiliate can ruin your credibility; it’s important that you choose quality businesses to work with to avoid this.
- No control over the businesses product, service, or how it does business.
- Some companies have been known not to pay, although there are ways to screen and choose quality affiliate programs.
- High competition. When you find a great program, you can bet that many others are promoting it as well.
- Customer belongs to the merchant. Your stats will give you an opportunity to comprehend how many sales were made of what product. But in most cases, you’ll have no information about who made the purchase, which makes it difficult to market for re-sales.
Where should I start to make money with Affiliate Marketing?
If you think that you have the strength to start a business online, you need to read some steps to succeed in it.
Starting with an affiliate marketing:
Select a business model. There are two main of them – resource site and review site.
If you want the 1st one, you need to work with websites of your partners. Take their logo, advertisements and put them in yours. This business model demands to have regular updates to force people to come back to your site, to look for new advertisements.
If you want the 2 one, you don’t need to update so often. Here the marketer can write, or make a testimonial on a product he has tried and recommended.
Make a website:
After deciding on a model, you have to create a platform, where you’re supposed to work, where you will post links, advertise, products or any services.
- There many sites where you can start for free. One of them is Blogger. Here the operating and guide is easy. But it looks like more personal, and you can’t involve here famous or huge business companies. While others like GoDaddy, Hostgator require a small amount of money to start. But they look more professional.
- Also, you can start a business as an affiliate marketing company on the site of MoreNiche; they allow to join for free too.
- Some websites allow you to engage in pay-per-click affiliate marketing. It is possible to do without running your website or blog. Direct links through outside merchant websites allow you to create and make money off of ads without having to post them on your website. For instance, you might make an ad for a dating website and advertise on Facebook. When someone clicks on your ad, they go straight to the dating site, instead of a website or landing page you have created. Some affiliate networks that specialize in direct linking. They include Associate Programs, Affiliates Directory, E-commerce Guide, and Link Share.
Choose an area of specialization:
You need to find things where you can work easily and where you’re a specialist even for a little. Even if you’re enthusiastic or interested in learning more about – that’s enough too. The main thing which you have to remember is that you have to choose a topic in which you’re ready to work for a long time, because not always success comes quickly.
- After you chose a specialization move to the products and services, you want to sell. A company like Commission Junction is ideal for marketers who want to promote more traditional products/services. Commission Junction is involved in a diverse range of potential advertising opportunities. It may be ideal for newcomers to the field who haven’t narrowed down their niche yet.
- If you’re interested in digital content, like e-books and software, you may propose to the readers and visitors of the site to visit large companies. For instance, Amazon, Clickbank, ShareASale, E-junkie, and PayDotCom.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing models like Google AdSense may appeal to some marketers. PPC models pay considerably less than other marketing models. The advantage is that they require less active work of the marketer. The marketer’s pay is determined by how much web traffic is directed to the target site.
Also, it’s essential to find and work with affiliates as the next step:
They will help you to grow the business and help to raise the web traffic. There a lot of ways to meet with affiliates but obviously that the best way is to have a good reputation. How can you do that? By developing any popular and useful blog or getting a lot of followers on your social page. Or to become a published author who writes things that touch people.
Generally speaking, the basic course of action typically involves one of the following methods:
- Emailing or contacting other bloggers and online marketers who share a common area of specialization and asking them to promote your product, of course not everything is free; maybe those people will ask for some payment. Also, you can engage kind of mutual cross-promotion, where you and the other blogger promote each other products.
- Finding successful affiliates online, either through forums, mutual contacts, or affiliate networks. Such as Clickbank or Commission Junction that you can join online.
Keep pace with traffic.
If you accomplished all the previous steps, make sure you will keep the consumer for long cooperation. The best ways to do that are making informative posts, articles, using email newsletters to invite subscribers to join.
Also, you may give free content to other websites. Use viral marketing (it is not hard, just a link at the end of the post that will allow your readers to copy and share the post with their friends very quickly and easy).
Second important part is developing business.
- You need to study a lot and learn about other affiliates. The easiest way to get experience is by joining other online community or forum. What’s more, lots of them are free to join in. For example, Digital Point, aBestWeb, and Warrior Forum – they are easy to use, free and gives opportunities to work with other marketers. There everything looks like a big family who helps each other to gain goal.
- Like in any other place, you need to have good relationships with people, who can help you in different situations. Not always you earn a lot of money at the beginning. You need to work very hard and to be patient.
- That’s why, learn how your partners like to communicate, learn their schedule, and preferences; if they see that you respect them, you’ll probably get more benefits.
- Ask what they expect from working with you.
- Show that you’ll be useful, and that you have a lot of ideas even how to help and improve their sites.
- Keep in touch, be online and send feedback if it’s needed.
Attract target audience:
You comprehend it will be not enough to make money if people visit your site. To force them clicking on affiliate links you need to do the next steps:
- To make paid advertising – in case your products will be not enough or not attractable for people, think to make highly-clickable links of your partners. In this situation, you will earn money whether the customer will buy your products or not. Such a service Google’s AdSense can make it very quick and easy.
- If you make free advertising, it means that you can place advertisements or links on free websites like Craiglist. There any time someone clicks on your ad, both you and site earn money for clicks.
- Another variant is article marketing. This method seeks to gain a higher ranking in search engine results by establishing the marketer as a credible source that won’t use spam software.Many marketers use websites like Ezine Articles to publish articles that contain a unique “resource box.” As other bloggers and website, managers republish the article (with the resource box intact), the marketer who published the original article gradually earns higher search engine rankings.
Make a PPC:
It is a pay-per-click ad, and according to how well you will make it you will have a success or a fail. It ups to you.
- Describe some problems that are close to your readers, and write some solutions or benefits that your product propose and give more superior results than after using any other similar product.
- Work in an imperative or call to action to gently urge consumers to click on your link
- Make an aim to look for a quality but not for a quantity. Don’t make a mistake of hundreds of people who want a lot and immediately.
Find a position of what you expect.
- A lot of work is the premiere thing here. Memorize that you won’t get a lot of money at the beginning. To get the business off the ground, you’ll need to work over 12 hours per day.
You have to understand that the field of affiliate marketing is very competitive and changeable.
- And again, make sure you understand the demographics and the target audience. If you see the target’s age, interests, average income range – it will help you as a tailor to interest people as strong as you can.
To conclude, affiliate marketing is the hands-down one of the fastest and easiest ways to get started making money online. The upfront investment is minimal. You don’t have to worry about creating products — you have proven sellers available in thousands of different specializations. It’s a great way to learn the ropes of e-commerce, perfect your marketing approach, and build your new internet business. And of course, you don’t have to do it alone. With affiliate marketing, different companies are your partners, and they will have marketing materials ready to go. These are proven landing pages, sales emails, banner ads, and other bits of copy that you can use in your marketing efforts.
Note: This is a guest post by Necole Hardison. If you have an awesome content to share with us, follow our guest blogging guidelines.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive more tips to make money with affiliate marketing.
Here are few hand-picked articles for you to read: